-
June 17th, 2004, 08:29 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello,
Anyone here tried to apart the magnet and the frame? How to do? On the other hand, the 515 is more easy to apart the magnet and the frame, so, it is easy to clean the gap.
-
June 21st, 2004, 04:47 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi Jim D
I often go the vintage audio shop, the owner told me that the gap of the 416 or 515 are needed to clean because they are old woofers.
And he often clean the gap.
Alltec
-
June 21st, 2004, 08:48 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Well, I have been doing audio since 1974, and any reconer will clean the gap of a woofer in for recone, before the new cone is installed! However, I have never heard of taking the magnet off a good woofer to clean the gap!
Taking the magnet off a perfectly good woofer to clean gap = reconing a woofer that wouldnt have needed a recone if you didnt try to fix what aint broke!
-
June 22nd, 2004, 03:59 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Depending on the vintage of the 416, the magnet is held to the frame with either 4 or 6 screws. I believe the older Alnico ones have the screws under the spider and there are 4. The newer ferrite units have the screws outside the spider and there are six. I have taken the magnet off a few of the later ones, but it is hard to recenter on the VC once it's off, unless you plan to do a recone. JIM
-
June 23rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Hi Scotty j,
I agreed with you, i know that if clean the 416 gap, the spider had to remove first.
The shop owner show me the 515 only. I noticed that the 515 is needed to remove the 6 screws only, it is more easy to take the magnet off than 416.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28222319 times.
Bookmarks